Monday, May 12, 2008

River Takota

My sister-in-law, Adrienne, just sent me this photo of me holding my nephew, River Takota Faulkner. This was taken at the hotel in Boise. River is such a bright, joyful little boy. He reminds me so much of his Papa, my brother Levi, when he was small. Levi was probably the first baby I ever held. I was 4 when he was born. I adored him, and I think the feeling was mutual. He called me Shessie. I am sure that early experience of loving a baby is part of why I do the type of work I do, and why I have always wanted so much to be a mother. I still adore Levi and my little sister, Sarah. I will always be grateful for the family I grew up in, the family that still surrounds me with their love.

Here is a photo of us from around 1985 or so.


2 comments:

SerineKat said...

I love your old school photo! Happy mothers day!

Anonymous said...

2:38 a.m.? I thought I was the only one sending out emails and blogs at that time of the day! Try to get some sleep :)

g