Saturday, July 5, 2008

Inspiration

I don't know why, but I have felt unable to write lately. I miss posting blogs and the effortless way the thoughts and words poured from me these last few months. Now I feel so quiet. Not in a bad way, not shut down. Just quiet. Maybe in a rejuvenating phase. I suppose it is a cycle. Like sleep, like hibernating.

Here is another gem from the Book of Qualities.
Inspiration

Inspiration is disturbing. She does not believe in guarantees or insurance or strict schedules. She is not interested in how well you write your grant proposal or what you do for a living or why you are too busy to see her. She will be there when you need her but you have to take it on trust. Surrender. She knows when you need her better than you do.
Okay, Inspiration. I surrender. I know you will come back when I need you the most.
I will leave you with a Rumi poem, and hopefully I will post again soon.

Close the Language-Door

There is some kiss we want
with our whole lives,
the touch of Spirit on the body.

Seawater begs the pearl
to break its shell.

And the lily, how passionately
it needs some wild Darling!

At night, I open the window
and ask the moon to come
and press its face against mine.
Breathe into me.

Close the language-door,
and open the love-window

The moon won't use the door,
only the window.

- Rumi

No comments: