Monday, June 16, 2008

Threshold

Oceana (age 2) on the horsey that
Grandpa Faulkner made for her.


I have only a few minutes to write before work, but I wanted to say that the memorials were wonderful, better than I could have imagined. So many people got up to speak (and sing) at Sage's. Michael and I were amazed by the powerful love of our community and family.
We both cried, but it was that good, healing type of crying.

Dad's memorial, on Sunday was just as moving and beautiful. Everyone who attended contributed something. I know Dad would have liked how it turned out - lots of laughter, lots of stories, lots of good food, and a walk through the orchard when it was over.

This weekend was a threshold for us, and we walk forward with new gifts.
Dad always liked to say,
"This is the first day of the rest of your life!"
How true.

No comments: