Thursday, March 12, 2009

Footloose

Tonight my sister, Sarah, and her daughter, Oceana, and I had a Girls' Night Out. We went to Footloose, the spa where Sarah works, and we all got foot treatments (a foot soak and massage). Oceana helped by putting the flower petals in the foot bath, offering us foot-shaped chocolates, and just adding her sweet effervescence to every part of the evening.

After the official massage, Oceana gave both me and Sarah an extra foot massage. Her expression while she was rubbing our feet was serene and thoughtful.

Sarah and Oce reminded me tonight how good it feels to do something for p
ure pleasure. When I got home, Michael handed me his ukulele, which we both have been learning to play. I practiced a few chords and was thrilled to be able to play "Happy Birthday" and "Twinkle, Twinkle."

How is it that I forget sometimes that these simple things - laughter, human to
uch, a little imperfect music - these are the best things in life?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like it was a well deserved treat and reminder! Keeping you in my thoughts, J!